Did you over buy Halloween candy this year? Did your kids come home with the mother of all candy hauls? Do you just not want all that extra candy laying around in your house? Are you wondering what to do with extra Halloween candy? Here are 17 ideas and 16 recipes to help you out.
A child’s dream and parents’ nightmare – a humongous pile of Halloween candy. That pile of candy is so beautiful and such a source of joy and pride Halloween night. But each day after it can become a point of contention. These are ideas that I’ve used with my three children and the ginormous piles of candy we’ve had in our house.
What to Do with Extra Halloween Candy
2. Save it for stocking stuffers.
3. Donate it to a homeless shelter.
4. Chop it up and use for Candy Bar cookies.
5. Donate it to your local fire station or police station.
6. Add a label with a thank you and show your appreciation by giving it to a service worker.
7. Use as part of a College Care package.
8. Donate it to your school, child care or church to use as incentives in the treasure box.
9. Add it to a box you send to a deployed service member.
10. Donate it to a nursing home.
11. Use it to make end-of-season gifts for sports teams or activity groups.
12. Make a candy lei.
13. Add to a Care Kit
14. Keep (the non-melting) candy in a plastic bag in the car as part of your emergency kit.
15. Use as treat in a Godzilla Egg party favor
16. Use it to thank our veterans.
17. Make a Candy Wreath.
Use candy in these family-favorite recipes:
Mini Finger Pies – Uses Butterfinger candy bars.
Rolo Pretzel Surprise Cookies – Uses Rolo candy.
Captain America Cupcakes – Uses M&Ms candy.
Pilgrim Hat Cookies – Uses Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Spell Book Rice Krispies Treats – Uses individual Rice Krispies Treats and mini cookies.
Candy Bar Cookies – Uses chopped candy bars.
10 Best Candy Bar Cookie Recipes – There’s something for everyone in this collection of recipes.
What tips do you have for using up extra Halloween candy?
More recipe ideas
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.