Why not ring in the new year with a New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt this year? Whether you’re spending New Year’s Eve with kids or adults, it’s a fun game to play in the build up to the big midnight celebration. This free printable consists of three entirely different game cards that you can print as many times as you’d like.
Our family has a 12 year tradition of spending New Year’s Eve with family friends. We met the other family where we were stationed in 2005. They’ve come to other states (as the military has moved us around) to meet us and we’ve gone back to their home for New Year’s Eve every year since.
It’s a fun family tradition and we all look forward to it every year. When we started, we had children ranging in age from 5 years old to 14 years old. Over the years we’ve found new activities and ways to celebrate as the children grew older.
Wondering what to do on New Year’s Eve with kids? I can attest that this New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt works well for children from age 4 or 5 through adulthood.
How do you celebrate New Year’s Eve with kids?
- The key is to consider the children’s ages and plan for extra naps, if needed.
- Children will be excited that they’re allowed to stay up later than usual and attend an “adult” party. Plan for physical activity to drain some of that excess energy and excitement.
- Plan activities that the entire family can enjoy together.
- Kid-friendly activities
- Plan for kid-friendly food. Bonus points, for kids’ versions of “fancy” adult New Year’s Eve food.
- Serve sparkling juice for “champagne”
- Have all the New Year’s Eve party ideas trappings for the kids to enjoy.
- New Year’s Eve party hats, top hats, crowns and tiaras.
- Party horns or blowout horns
- Party poppers or make your own easy New Year’s Eve Poppers
- New Year’s glasses , year glasses and necklaces
- You can get everything in a colorful New Year’s Eve set or a sophisticated black and gold set.
- Plastic champagne glasses
- Plan downtime activities if kids get too wound up and need to settle down or get tired.
New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt
How to Print the New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt Sheets
- To get the free printable New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt sheets simply sign up for our free weekly newsletter. You will promptly receive an email with the scavenger hunt pdf.
- Print the scavenger hunt sheets on computer paper, if you’d like. I prefer to use card stock paper because it holds up better to the excitement of New Year’s Eve and playing a game.
- If you’d like to be able to use the scavenger hunt game cards over and over again, you can laminate them with this affordable and easy-to-use laminator. There are many ways to use a laminator in your busy family life. Read how I used a laminator to make daily routine cards for my children.
- Print the New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt game sheets as many times as you’d like for your personal use. Please share the link to this post with friends interested in having their own copy of the game cards.
How to Play the Scavenger Hunt
- You can have children hunt for the items on the New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt individually or in groups. Pairing a younger child with an adult or older child makes it possible for children of all ages to play along.
- You can have the children look for all the items on the card or have them use the scavenger hunt cards to play bingo by finding items in a column or row.
- You can choose to set a time frame for the scavenger hunt game or let the it go all night until someone finds all the items. Choose the option that works best for your New Year’s Eve party.
- The flexibility of this scavenger hunt makes it easy to adapt for a variety of players and for a variety of situations.
- You can choose whether the winner wins bragging rights or a prize. My family goes for bragging rights or the first choice of seats for movie and ball-drop watching.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free scavenger hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Be sure to pin so you can find this free printable New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt year after year.
You can find all our best New Year’s ideas in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.