The lazy days of summer are the best, aren’t they. You can enjoy the easy-going pace of summer while still taking advantage of a more relaxed schedule. Use this free printable summer declutter calendar to tackle clutter around your house on your own time schedule. You can both relax this summer and get those organizing projects done.
I grew up in Hawai’i and now live on the cold, cold mainland. You can imagine how much I love summer days. Like anyone, I adore lazy, warm summer days. But as much as I like to enjoy the slower summer pace of life, I also like to take advantage of the good weather, the longer days and the less stressful schedule to get big projects done around the house. You know, those projects that you just never seem to get to. Like decluttering. That’s a task that always seems to be there hanging around in the background, just waiting for you to get to it.
Why Declutter in the Summer
- Better weather means you can tackle outdoor decluttering,
- Better weather means you can spread out your sorting outdoors if needed.
- Longer days means you have more sunlight to tackle those decluttering chores, especially the outdoors or garage ones.
- Longer days with more sunlight means you have more energy to tackle decluttering.
- Having kids home from school means you can enlist their help and check with them while decluttering their items.
- Taking items to donate is easier when there is no snow, slush or freezing temps.
- You’ll set a good example for your children while they’re around to see your hardwork and the results.
- You can use decluttering as a teaching opportunity to talk with your children, since they’re around, about your family values surrounding things.
- You have three months to without big holidays, like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, school projects or too many winter shoes and coats getting in the way of your decluttering project.
- You’ll be lean and mean and ready for the new school year by the end of your summer declutter.
Summer Declutter Calendar
Download your free copy of the Summer Declutter Calendar. You can use it to march through a month of decluttering by tackling one chore every day. Or you can spread it out over the three months of the summer.
You may also find my Purging Clutter Checklist helpful as you work through the Summer Declutter Calendar.
Have you ever worked through a decluttering project? Why not give it a try this summer with the Summer Decluttering Calendar. You’ll face the new school year and autumn with a fresh perspective and energized attitude.