My friend, Corinne from Wondermom Wannabe, and I have a dessert recipe tag game going on. It all started with Oreo Surprise Cookies and the most recent was Healthy Peanut Butter Brownies. So, today it’s my turn and I’m up with the best Oatmeal Fudge Bars ever. Really! These Oatmeal Fudge Bars are so rich and smooth that you need to plan on eating two servings (just warning you, so plan ahead). I shared a healthy brownie recipe on my last turn, but this time forget the healthy, I’m going for heavenly!
These bars are pretty simple to make. I recommend you cut them smaller than a usual brownie size because they’re very rich (and you are going to eat 2, so you might as well eat 2 smaller sized bars).
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Mix oatmeat in well. Refridgerate about 2 cups of oatmeal mixture. Press the rest of the oatmeal mixture into the pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Stir constantly until the chips and butter are melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread fudge layer over the oatmeal mixture in the pan. Crumble reserved oatmeal mixture over the fudge layer and pat down.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 2" or smaller bars.
The fudge layer is what makes these the best ever. Here’s a glimpse of chocolaty heaven.
Okay, Corinne, tag you’re it. I can’t wait to see your next delicious installment in our game of dessert tag.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.