Wondering what to do to keep the kids entertained while waiting for dinner on Thanksgiving? How about a Thanksgiving Word Search game in addition to other Thanksgiving-themed games? This free 3-page printable is the perfect activity for many different situations.
The months of October, November and December are such exciting months with all the holidays and festivities. It’s often difficult for children to contain their excitement. Adults need children to focus and be entertained many times during these months.
I find that while I’m extremely busy on Thanksgiving, often the children get restless waiting for dinner and then again for dessert. The adults are all either working, visiting, watching football or the parade. I have always planned activities for my children so that they are entertained and not causing trouble on Thanksgiving and the busy week prior.
This Thanksgiving word search, in addition to the Thanksgiving scavenger hunt and other activity ideas shared below, is an ideal way to keep children focused.
Word search games also have many educational benefits:
- Recognizing words
- Building vocabulary
- Recognizing patterns
- Developing spelling
- Learning to differentiate between similar words or letter patterns
- Developing problem solving and reasoning strategies
- Experiencing feelings of success in finding words and in completing the word search
- Having fun doing it, too!
Thanksgiving Word Search
Words to Find
How to Print the Word Search Printable
- Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for immediate access to the free printable plus 125+ additional printables and resources in the VIP Resources Library.
- Save the pdf to your computer or print directly with the “print” option.
- Print the word search sheets on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper. Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic word hunters.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free Thanksgiving word search?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Free Printable –
- Outdoor Fall Scavenger Hunt Free Printable – 4 page scavenger hunt game
- Fall Dessert Cookie – easy to decorate ear of corn cookies
- Thanksgiving Blessing Bags – A meaningful tradition to keep children busy and help your community.
- DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings – A fun craft to personalize each place setting.
- Turkey Craft Napkin Rings – A creative paper craft that’s adorable and perfect for decorating the dinner table.
- Thanksgiving Craft with Clay Pots – An easy and fun Thanksgiving craft that is easy enough for kids and adorable enough to use as decorations and party favors.
- Thanksgiving Trivia Questions – Make Thanksgiving memorable, fun and learn at the same time with these 36 free printable Thanksgiving trivia questions quiz cards.
- Free Thanksgiving Charades – 36 free Thanksgiving charades game cards you can print right away. An easy-to-play activity will be one of your favorite Thanksgiving games.
More Word Search and Learning Resources
- Dr. Seuss Word Search
- Halloween Word Search
- Christmas Word Search
- Valentine’s Word Search
- Reading Challenge for the Holidays
- Reading Log Printable
- Rhyming Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Word Search Printable
Don’t forget to pin for later so that you can always find this Thanksgiving word search resource year after year.
For my favorite Thanksgiving crafts, tips, printables and recipes, check out the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.