This Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt is the perfect way to keep children happy and occupied at Thanksgiving gatherings. The scavenger hunt is a free printable with four different game boards. You can even print it out at the last minute and start playing as soon as the boards print out.
It can be difficult to keep children from getting bored and cranky at Thanksgiving gatherings. You don’t have to just plop them in front of a screen. How about planning Thanksgiving games for kids to keep everyone happy and occupied?
Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
Playing games like this Thanksgiving scavenger hunt is a great way to encourage children to interact, think, play and have fun. And a secondary goal is to keep children from getting bored, whiny and being disruptive.
Items to Look for in the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pilgrim Hat
- Mashed Potatoes
- Apple Pie
- Football Game
- Field Corn
- Cooked Turkey
- Autumn Leaf
- Cloth Napkins
- Winter Coat
- Mini Pumpkins
- Whipped Cream
- Green Beans
- Bread Rolls
- Place Card
- Coffee Cup
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt Game Boards
- Download the free printable Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt printable.
- Print it on computer paper or card stock paper. I prefer to use card stock because it holds up to little hands and playing the game better than computer paper does.
- You may want to print several extra copies in case one is torn or damaged.
Establish Rule for the Game
- Set the location for playing the game.
- Establish if the children are playing as individuals or as teams.
- If you have younger children, consider pairing them with older children or an adult so that all the children can play.
- Establish if the players are to find every item on their game board or if they are to find as many as they can in a set period of time.
- Look over the list of items on the scavenger hunt boards. If you will not have all of them at your gathering, then have the children play the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt game like Bingo.
- You can also play the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt like a Bingo game, with players finding items in a row or column.
- Kids love playing scavenger hunts, so you may want to also print out copies of the Fall Scavenger Hunt. Having two Thanksgiving activities for the children will help keep everyone happy.
More Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Fall Treats Anyone Can Make
- DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
- Easy Candy Acorns
- Fall Dessert Cookie
- Thanksgiving Brownie Cups
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Pin for later so you can print out and use these Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt boards at the last minute and for every Thanksgiving.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.