This Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt is the perfect way to keep children happy and occupied at Thanksgiving gatherings. The scavenger hunt is a free printable with four different game boards. You can even print it out at the last minute and start playing as soon as the boards print out.
It can be difficult to keep children from getting bored and cranky at Thanksgiving gatherings. You don’t have to just plop them in front of a screen. How about planning Thanksgiving games for kids to keep everyone happy and occupied?
Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
Playing games like this Thanksgiving scavenger hunt is a great way to encourage children to interact, think, play and have fun. And a secondary goal is to keep children from getting bored, whiny and being disruptive.
Items to Look for in the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pilgrim Hat
- Winter Coat
- Mini Pumpkins
- Mashed Potatoes
- Apple Pie
- Whipped Cream
- Green Beans
- Bread Rolls
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt Game Boards
- To get the free printable Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt printable simply sign up for our free weekly newsletter. You’ll gain immediate access to the scavenger hunt and also 125+ printables and more in the VIP Resources Library.
- Print it on computer paper or card stock paper. I prefer to use card stock because it holds up to little hands and playing the game better than computer paper does.
- You may want to print several extra copies in case one is torn or damaged.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free scavenger hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Establish Rule for the Game
- Set the location for playing the game.
- Establish if the children are playing as individuals or as teams.
- If you have younger children, consider pairing them with older children or an adult so that all the children can play.
- Establish if the players are to find every item on their game board or if they are to find as many as they can in a set period of time.
- Look over the list of items on the scavenger hunt boards. If you will not have all of them at your gathering, then have the children play the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt game like Bingo.
- You can also play the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt like a Bingo game, with players finding items in a row or column.
- Kids love playing scavenger hunts, so you may want to also print out copies of the Fall Scavenger Hunt. Having two Thanksgiving activities for the children will help keep everyone happy.
More Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
- Fall Treats Anyone Can Make
- DIY Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
- Easy Candy Acorns
- Fall Dessert Cookie
- Thanksgiving Brownie Cups
- Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Cookies
Pin for later so you can print out and use these Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt boards at the last minute and for every Thanksgiving.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.