A photo scavenger hunt is a great way to keep kids busy and happy. These six free game sheets include 3 game boards for indoor play and three for an outdoor scavenger hunt. Each sheet contains a unique combination of items to find.
There are many situations that are perfect for playing a photo scavenger hunt:
- At a party
- A birthday party
- A classroom party
- A church party
- A family reunion
- A holiday party
- As an I’m bored activity
- To get the kids outside on a beautiful day
- On a snow day
- When you need a little time to focus by keeping the kids happily entertained
How do you make a photo scavenger hunt?
- Choose a creative photo scavenger hunt game like the one below.
- Create your own photo scavenger hunt using these free scavenger hunt template printable sheets.
- Set your game play area and clearly identify it with markers, if needed.
- Make sure all the items on the game boards are in the play area.
- If there are missing items, you can stage those items in the play area. Consider hiding them to make the hunt more challenging.
- You can also use images of the items that you place in the game area.
- You can set a time for the game play and the person who finds the most items on their game board wins.
- You can also have the winner be the first person to find all the items in row or column on the board.
- Determine if you will play for a set amount of time or until all the items are found.
- Determine if players will play individually or in teams.
- You can pair younger players with older players in teams so that everyone can play together.
Photo Scavenger Hunt
How to Print these Photo Scavenger Hunt Sheets
- Access your copy of the photo scavenger hunt pdf for your own personal use.
- Click on the link above.
- You can either print directly from the document that opens by right clicking and choosing “print”.
- You can choose to print some or all of the pages.
- So if you’re only interested in printing the indoor or outdoor game boards, simply choose those pages to print.
- Or you may choose to download the pdf file by right clicking on the open document and then saving it to your computer.
- Print the game boards out on computer paper or heavier card stock paper so that it will hold up better to enthusiastic scavenger hunt play.
- You can print out these game boards as many time as you like for your personal use.
- Consider laminating the game sheets so that you can use them again and again. You can laminate the sheets at home or take them to an office supply store for lamination.
How to Play the Photo Scavenger Hunt Game
- Print out the photo scavenger hunt game boards or create your own.
- Make sure that each player will have their own camera or cell phone to take photos.
- Make sure each player knows how to use the camera.
- Determine the boundaries of the playing area. Clearly identify the boundaries if needed.
- Determine how long the game will be played.
- You can play until a player finds all the items on the game sheet.
- You can play until all items in a row or column are found.
- You can set a time period for the game.
- Choose whether players will play individually or as teams. Pairing younger children and an adult or older child is a great way to have younger children join the scavenger hunt.
- Choose how a player wins the game.
- Finding the most items during a set time period.
- Finding all the items on the game sheet.
- Playing the scavenger hunt like a bingo game and finding all the items in a row or column.
- You can choose whether the winner receives a prize or whether they’re playing for bragging rights.
- Hint – playing for the excitement and bragging rights is just as much fun, so don’t feel like you have to provide prizes.
Don’t forget to pin for later. You never know when you’ll want or need to find this photo scavenger hunt game resource.