Originally published October 30. 2014 and updated on July 5, 2020. I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for BAND-AID Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Looking for a way to thank our veterans for their service? Here’s an easy way to thank our veterans with this free printable.
Quick quiz. When’s Veterans Day? It’s on November 11 each year.
As 1 of 10 veterans in 2 generations of my family, I think it’s important that we thank our veterans for their service. With everything happening in the world today and all that we’re asking of military members, I think it’s extremely important to thank our veterans for their service.
I’d like to share an easy way to thank our veterans with this free printable.
I watched how my dad was treated as an active duty military member in the 1970s and 1980s. He wouldn’t want anyone to feel sorry for him, but I will say that it is shameful that, as a nation, we can do better than we did back then.
I’m happy to say that in my experience, we’ve been doing much better at appreciating our veterans and military members the past 20 or so years. Whether we agree with the political or philosophical reasons for military action, we should always support our veterans. They have volunteered to serve our country and by supporting them, we show our appreciation and also strengthen our own community and nation. To thank our veterans is the least we can do.
How Do You Express Gratitude to Veterans?
There are no perfect words to use. The words don’t matter as much as the heart you put into them. Here are some tips to help you find the right words.
- A sincere expression of gratitude with a firm handshake is the best place to start.
- A sincere “Thank you for your service” is always a good choice.
- Be aware that some veterans feel uncomfortable being called a hero. Others understand the sentiment you’re expressing with the word.
- A gift of a coffee, donuts, picking up a lunch tab or a tank of gas are great ways to show appreciation.
- You can say, “Happy Veteran’s Day. This is your day.”
- Sharing a card that says thank you is a great solution for those of us that stumble over our words.
- You can say, “I recognize your service.”
- Sit and talk with the veteran. Spend time focusing on him or her
- “I appreciate your military service.”
- Give a combined card and small thank you gift.
Thank Our Veterans Free Printable
I challenge you to do something concrete to thank veterans in your community in the next 10 days.
You can download this free printable to help you thank a veteran. You can print out the larger version to hand out with a personal note of thanks. I’ve also made a printable that you can use to make a gift card envelope. You can make 3 envelopes in under 5 minutes.
Grab some white card stock paper (you could use computer paper, it’ll just make a less sturdy envelope), a paper-cutter or scissors, double stick tape and a paper punch (optional). Print the free printable out onto the card stock.
Cut the paper into 3 strips and then cut the strips down to match the dimensions below.
Fold the card stock in half and close with the double stick tape. Use the paper punch to make the notch at the top of the envelope.
You can slip a gift card, movie tickets or any other small gift in the envelope to thank veterans in your community.
You can also fill the envelope with these fun OUR VETERAN HEROES™ BAND-AID® bandages. Not only do these bandages sport patriotic and military-inspired designs, but 5% of the sale price of each box sold is being donated to Team Red, White & Blue.
BAND-AID Brand has partnered with Team RWB to help enrich the lives of America’s Veterans by connecting them to their communities through physical and social activities.
Pin now so you can always find this template for Thank Our Veterans Free Printable. You’ll be able to find it every year and every occasion when you’d like to show your appreciation.
More ideas to help and thank veterans
- Thank You Veteran Writing Card Tips
- What to Donate to a Veterans Hospital
- Thank a Veteran Cards- Free Printable
- Cards to Support Our Troops – Free Printable