I’ve shared more than 20 different scavenger hunts for:
- All major holidays
- Vocabulary for Dr. Seuss books
- Seasonal hunts
- Indoor hunts
- Outdoor hunts
- And more.
There are occasions when you want to create your own unique scavenger hunt that contains items in your specific setting.
This scavenger hunt template is free and you can use it to design the exact scavenger hunt you want.
When You Might Want to Create a Scavenger Hunt
- For a birthday party
- For a family reunion
- For a school field trip
- For a trip to the zoo
- To introduce a class to your classroom
- For a trip to a historic place
- For a trip to a new city
- For attending a sports game
What Are the Rules for a Scavenger Hunt?
- Establish the boundaries of the scavenger hunt game area.
- Determine whether the game will be played based on a time limit or it will be played until someone finds all the items.
- Decide if all the players will have the same scavenger hunt game board or if everyone will have different game boards.
- Decide whether the winner has to find :
- Every item on the game board.
- Every item in a row or column.
- A set number of items from the game board.
- As many items as possible in the set time period.
- Decide whether players will play individually or in teams.
- If playing in teams, decide whether team members have to stay together or can split up to find the items.
- Determine whether the winner(s) will receive a prize or play for bragging rights.
Scavenger Hunt Template
This scavenger hunt template pdf contains templates in 8 different colors:
How to Download the Blank Scavenger Hunt Template
- Click on this link for the free scavenger hunt template.
- Right click on the scavenger hunt template document.
- Save the pdf to your computer.
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt Template
- Print the scavenger hunt template on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- The game boards are designed to be colorful, but you can choose to print the game boards in black, if you prefer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper.
- Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic scavenger hunt games.
- You may choose to laminate the completed scavenger hunt game boards once you create them. This allows you to use the same game boards over again and again.
How to Create Your Own Scavenger Hunt Game Boards
- Once you print out your game boards, it’s time to add your unique hunt items.
- I recommend creating three or four unique boards at a minimum.
- You can simply write the names of the items in the template blocks if the scavenger hunt players can read.
- You can choose to print the words out and then attach them to the game boards.
- You may prefer to use images instead of word on the scavenger hunt template game board.
- You can use photos or clip art or even draw images.
- You can use a combination of images and text.
- Choose what works best for your scavenger hunt participants.
More free printable games for kids:
- Dr. Seuss Word Search
- Reading Log Printable
- Reading Challenge for the Holidays
- Ocean Bingo from Wondermom Wannabe
- Fox Coloring Pages from Life is Sweeter by Design
- Football Bingo from Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
Pin for later so you can always find this Scavenger Hunt Template any time you want to create your own game.