Have fun while learning and problem solving with this free Halloween word search printable. Three pages with 15 words on each and includes an answer key. Get your copy now, print and start searching for words right away.
Word search puzzles are also known as word find activities and sometimes mistakenly called word scrambles. Word scrambles most often consist of individual words with the letters moved out of order. The player then rearranges the letters to solve for the correct word.
Word search puzzle printables are a great activity for kids to learn to:
- Recognize words
- Build vocabulary and learn new vocabulary words
- Recognize patterns
- Develop spelling
- Learn to differentiate between similar words or letter patterns
- Develop problem solving and reasoning strategies
- Experience feeling of success in finding words and in completing the word search
- Enjoy a fun activity
Fun word searches and word games, especially themed ones, make learning extra fun so that kids don’t even realize they’re working and learning.
More free word search printables:
- Dr. Seuss Word Search – based on popular Dr. Seuss Books
- Thanksgiving Word Search – filled with Thanksgiving themed words
- Christmas Word Search – both religious and not religious themed words to search for
- Printable Fall Word Search from Wondermom Wannabe
- Valentine’s Word Search – game sheets with Valentine’s themed words
Add skeleton puns for even more holiday fun because who doesn’t love a good pun!
Halloween Word Search
How to Use the Word Search Sheets
- Home school activity
- Classroom Activity
- Halloween Party Games
- While waiting to go trick or treating
- Rainy Day Activity
- Car trip activity
- October 1st celebration
- Quiet time activity during Halloween time
Each printable worksheet contains 15 Halloween-themed words to find. There’s a mix of fun words and scary words so these Halloween fun word search sheets are perfect for both younger kids and older kids. These three free Halloween-themed word search puzzles contain words such as:
How to Print the Halloween Word Search Printable
To get the free Halloween Word Search, simply sign up for our free exclusive content below. You’ll receive immediate access to printable activity sheet pdf.
Thanks for being an Organized 31 Exclusive subscriber! You have access to hundreds of free printables on the site when you log in. Here is your printable Halloween Word Search pdf.
As a special opportunity for Organized 31 Exclusive subscribers, if you enjoy games, printable activities and other fun printables, you definitely want to check out this limited time low price offer on the Fun & Activities Vault filled with even more printable activities, including ones only available in the Vault.
- Print the game boards out on computer paper or heavier card stock paper so that it will hold up better to enthusiastic word search play.
- You can print out these word search pages as many time as you like for your personal use.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free printable word search?
Fill in the Exclusive Content form above. When you submit the form, you will promptly receive the pdf link.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Halloween Printables and Activities
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable – a fun Halloween game
- Halloween Costume Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Halloween Trivia Questions Printable
- Lunchbox Notes for Halloween from Wondermom Wannabe
- Upcycled Halloween Kids Craft
- DIY Soda Bottle Pumpkins
- Halloween Luminaries
- Halloween Coloring Pages Free – 18 free printable coloring pages ideal for kids of all ages or adults.
Be sure to pin for later so you can find this Halloween word search printable year after year and Halloween after Halloween.
- Jack Skellington
- Halloween Graveyard Treat
- Halloween Treats – Witches Fingers
- Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- Jack O’lantern Dinner Pockets
- Spell Book Treats
- Scary Eyes Halloween Cake
Find great Halloween activities and recipes in the table below. You can scroll through all the ideas and click on the images to see more.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.