Halloween Word Search
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
Have fun while learning and problem solving with this free Halloween word search printable. Three pages with 15 words on each and includes an answer key. Get your copy now, print and start searching for words right away.
Word search puzzles are also known as word find activities and sometimes mistakenly called word scrambles. Word scrambles most often consist of individual words with the letters moved out of order. The player then rearranges the letters to solve for the correct word.
Word search puzzle printables are a great activity for kids to learn to:
- Recognize words
- Build vocabulary and learn new vocabulary words
- Recognize patterns
- Develop spelling
- Learn to differentiate between similar words or letter patterns
- Develop problem solving and reasoning strategies
- Experience feeling of success in finding words and in completing the word search
- Enjoy a fun activity
Free printables and games are a great way to celebrate a Happy Halloween at home, at a party, in school or anytime.
Fun word searches and word games, especially themed ones, make learning extra fun so that kids don’t even realize they’re working and learning.
More free word search printables:
- Dr. Seuss Word Search – based on popular Dr. Seuss Books
- Thanksgiving Word Search – filled with Thanksgiving themed words
- Christmas Word Search – both religious and not religious themed words to search for
- Printable Fall Word Search from Wondermom Wannabe
- Valentine’s Word Search – game sheets with Valentine’s themed words
Halloween Word Search
How to Use the Word Search Sheets
- Home school activity
- Classroom Activity
- Halloween Party Games
- While waiting to go trick or treating
- Rainy Day Activity
- Car trip activity
- October 1st celebration
- Quiet time activity during Halloween time
Each printable worksheet contains 15 Halloween-themed words to find. There’s a mix of fun words and scary words so these Halloween fun word search sheets are perfect for both younger kids and older kids. These three free Halloween-themed word search puzzles contain words such as:
How to Print the Halloween Word Search Printable
- To get the Halloween word search, simply sign up for our free weekly newsletter. After you sign up, you’ll promptly receive an email with the word search pdf.
- Open the email and right tap on the document to save it to your computer.
- Print the game boards out on computer paper or heavier card stock paper so that it will hold up better to enthusiastic word search play.
- You can print out these word search pages as many time as you like for your personal use.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free printable word search?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will promptly be sent an email from Organized 31 containing the word search printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you tap on the document in the email. When that happens, simply right tap on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Halloween Printables and Activities
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printable – a fun Halloween game
- Halloween Costume Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Fall Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Halloween Trivia Questions Printable
- Lunchbox Notes for Halloween from Wondermom Wannabe
- Upcycled Halloween Kids Craft
- DIY Soda Bottle Pumpkins
- Halloween Luminaries
- Halloween Coloring Pages Free – 18 free printable coloring pages ideal for kids of all ages or adults.
Be sure to pin for later so you can find this Halloween word search printable year after year and Halloween after Halloween.
- Jack Skellington
- Halloween Graveyard Treat
- Halloween Treats – Witches Fingers
- Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- Jack O’lantern Dinner Pockets
- Spell Book Treats
- Scary Eyes Halloween Cake
Find great Halloween activities and recipes in the table below. You can scroll through all the ideas and click on the images to see more.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.