Make Halloween even more fun with a Halloween scavenger hunt. Kids of all ages enjoy a scavenger hunt, but Halloween can be intimidating or scary for younger kids, so make it fun with this scavenger hunt for kids.
Frequently Asked Questions About Halloween Scavenger Hunts
- How old should my children be for a scavenger hunt?
- Scavenger hunts are great for kids of all ages.
- Adapt the game for younger kids by pairing them with an adult or older child.
- You can search for the items on the scavenger hunt game card as a group rather than as individuals if that would work better for the children’s ages and personalities.
- Where should I conduct the scavenger hunt?
- You can use these free Halloween printable scavenger hunt cards to use in a Halloween Bingo game or in a scavenger hunt
- You can have a Halloween scavenger hunt almost anywhere.
- You can have it as part of a class party.
- Incorporate it as part of a scouting or kids’ activity party.
- Have it in your neighborhood.
- Play the Halloween scavenger hunt in conjunction with going trick or treating. This works particularly well for children who don’t enjoy going up to the houses to ring the bell.
- Should there be prizes?
- You can provide prizes if you’d like, but they’re certainly not necessary.
- You can encourage playing the scavenger hunt for the fun of the game.
- You can use “bragging rights” as the prize for winning rather than giving out a prize.
- You can give an activity or privilege as the prize rather than candy or a gift.
- What do I use to play the Halloween scavenger hunt?
- Find a free Halloween printable scavenger hunt game sheet to use. My free 4-page scavenger hunt pdf is below.
- Make sure everyone has a cell phone or camera if you are going to play it as a photo scavenger hunt.
- Give everyone pens or pencils if you are going to have them check the items off the scavenger hunt game sheets.
Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Download the free printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt pdf. I prefer to print them on card stock paper so that they hold up better to little hands. You can also laminate the sheets at home or take them to an office supply store for lamination so that they can be used again and again.
If you’re planning a Halloween party, here are some additional Halloween activity and recipe ideas:
- Craft Ideas
- Halloween Treats
- Halloween-themed food
- For a Comprehensive List of Halloween Ideas and Recipes
Pin this Halloween Scavenger Hunt so that you can easily find it for your next Halloween party or trick or treating.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.