Originally published on September 4, 2019 and updated in August 2021.
Make Halloween even more fun with a Halloween scavenger hunt. Kids of all ages enjoy a scavenger hunt, but Halloween can be intimidating or scary for younger kids, so make it fun with this scavenger hunt for kids.
Halloween is my husband’s favorite holiday, so my family has always had fun with Halloween. But I always made sure it was fun, barely spooky and not creepy. These four Halloween scavenger hunt sheets are a fun way to celebrate October 31. You can find all my fun ideas for Halloween below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Halloween Scavenger Hunts
- How old should my children be for a Halloween hunt?
- Where should I conduct the scavenger hunt?
- You can use these free Halloween printable scavenger hunt cards to use in a Halloween Bingo game or in a scavenger hunt
- You can have a Halloween scavenger hunt almost anywhere.
- It’s a great activity for the whole family.
- You can have it a fun activity at a classroom party.
- Incorporate it as part of a scouting or kids’ activity party game.
- Have it as a neighborhood Halloween scavenger hunt with or without a neighborhood Halloween party.
- Play the Halloween scavenger hunt in conjunction with going trick or treating on Halloween night. This works particularly well for children who don’t enjoy going up to the houses to ring the bell. It can be the perfect way to distract them and help them feel more comfortable.
- There are many different ways to adapt the game for your situation.
- Should there be prizes?
- You can provide prizes if you’d like, but they’re certainly not necessary.
- You can encourage playing the scavenger hunt for the fun of the game.
- You can use “bragging rights” as the prize for winning rather than giving out a prize.
- You can give an activity or privilege as the prize rather than candy or a gift.
- If you choose, you can give small toys, books and Halloween candy as prizes.
- What do I use to play the Halloween scavenger hunt?
- Find a free printable Halloween scavenger hunt game sheet to use. My free 4-page scavenger hunt pdf is below.
- Make sure everyone has a cell phone or camera if you are going to play it as a photo scavenger hunt.
- Give everyone pens or pencils if you are going to have them check the items off the scavenger hunt game sheets.
- Because it’s a free scavenger hunt, you can print out extra copies (because you’ll find that you need them).
Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Download the free printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt pdf below. I prefer to print them on card stock paper so that they hold up better to little hands. You can also laminate the sheets at home or take them to an office supply store for lamination so that they can be used again and again.
Check the Halloween scavenger hunt clues to make sure that you have most of the items available. You can always print out images of the clues and hang them out in your hunt play area to supplement the Halloween items for players to search for.
Sign up for our free newsletter to get the free 4-page printable Halloween scavenger hunt in addition to gaining access to the free Organized 31 VIP Printable Resources Library filled with 200+ free resources.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free printable FaLL scavenger hunt?
Sign up for our free newsletter. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library of 200+, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal use or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Printable Halloween Games and Activities
- Halloween Word Search – Three free printable Halloween word search pages, each with 15 words, plus an answer key. Make developing problem solving and word skills scary fun.
- Halloween Trivia Questions – These free 35 Halloween Trivia Questions and answer cards are perfect for a party, to add to a lunchbox or as a family dinner activity.
- Halloween Costume Scavenger Hunt – Another fun scavenger hunt for Halloween. Make trick-or-treating or your next Halloween party even more fun with this free 4-page printable Halloween Costume Scavenger Hunt.
- Kids Halloween Mummy Game – A fun game for kids of all ages.
- Comprehensive List of Halloween Ideas and Recipes – 55+ tutorials and recipes to celebrate the fun of Halloween
More Free Scavenger Hunt Games
- Scavenger Hunt Ideas – More than 25 different scavenger hunt ideas for the entire year, including free printable games for holidays, for kids, for adults, and for all ages.
- Fall Scavenger Hunt – Explore autumn with this free 4-page printable fall scavenger hunt. It’s perfect for a backyard or great outdoors activity for kids and families.
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt – Looking for Thanksgiving games to play with kids? This free printable 4-page Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt printable is available immediately for a fun time.
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt – Make the Christmas season even more fun with this free printable Christmas scavenger hunt. It comes with both indoor and outdoor game cards.
Pin this Halloween Scavenger Hunt so that you can easily find it for your next Halloween party or trick or treating.
Find all our Halloween games, activities, crafts and recipes in the table below. You can scroll through the table, click on a tutorial that interests you and then go directly to that article. You can also use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for specific topics.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.