Who is up for a declutter challenge? What if I told you it will take you about 10-minutes a day? I’m sharing the 31 Days of Decluttering in 10 Minutes a Day Challenge next month and would love to have you join us.
Life is busy and while decluttering in a marathon session has definite benefits, it doesn’t always fit into our schedules. That’s where a 10 minute a day declutter challenge comes in.
We will tackle 31 different decluttering tasks next month and all these tasks can be done in about 10-minutes.
If you’ve tried other declutter challenges and they just didn’t work for you, you may find that the 10-minutes a day format works better for your busy life.
If you have successfully decluttered in the past, then this declutter challenge with 31 different tasks is perfect for a declutter touch up, which we all need from time to time.
How can I declutter my home fast?
- Determine your purpose – is it a quick pick up before guests come or a longer-term decluttering project.
- When guests are coming, focus only on the areas the guests will see.
- Living room
- Powder room
- Kitchen counters
- For longer-term decluttering, start with an area that will make your day-to-day life better.
- The bathroom
- The coat closet
- The kitchen counters
- The entry
- Top of your nightstand
- Tops of your dresser
- Laundry room
- Break large tasks down into manageable tasks.
- Set a completion goal for your decluttering.
- Commit to completing the decluttering tasks.
- Have an accountability partner
- Join a declutter challenge
- Plan a non-clutter reward for yourself
- Hire a professional organizer to help you.
When you participate in a declutter challenge you harness the power of the group to keep you motivated.
If you participated in the Organized Home Challenge, you will still benefit from this declutter challenge. The Organized Home Challenge addressed five specific areas of your home and the tasks were more labor and time intensive.
In this 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Challenge we will be addressing smaller tasks in all areas of your home. The two challenges are complementary to each other.
31 Days of 10-Minute Decluttering
If you just don’t have time for a large, focused decluttering session, then I know you can find 10 minutes a day to work on decluttering. It may take you longer to complete the task, but you can still declutter even in just 10 minutes a day.
How to Start the Decluttering Challenge
To join the declutter challenge, you just need to do 3 things:
- Sign up for the 10 Minutes a Day Declutter Challenge newsletter.
- The newsletter will keep you up-to-date on the challenge, giveaways and special events. You will receive 2-3 emails a week during January.
- Join the Simple Organization Tips and Ideas Facebook Group.
- Have your questions answered
- Watch challenge videos
- Interact with and encourage each other
- Mark your calendar to spend 10 minutes a day every day in January.
- You can start the challenge at any point, so don’t worry if you missed the first few days.
- Since each task is an individual 10-minute task, you can start the declutter challenge at any point and it’s easy to catch up on previous tasks.
What to Expect
The Declutter Challenge will run from January 1st through January 31st. Each day will focus on a different 10-minute decluttering task. The tasks will address common clutter issues in different areas of your home.
I’ll share decluttering tips and answer questions in Facebook live video sessions in the Facebook group.
I’ll answer your specific decluttering and organizing questions in the Facebook group.
There will be weekly giveaways of some of my favorite organizing products with information about the giveaways shared by email and in the Facebook group.
If you’d like more individualized assistance, you can work with me one-on-one via virtual professional organizing. Learn more about my virtual professional organizing service.
You can find more tips on decluttering:
- Declutter and Organize Paper on Your Desk
- Declutter Your Craft Stash
- Decluttering the Bedroom
- How to Declutter Your Office
- How to Declutter a Messy Garage
Be sure to pin so that you can find this declutter challenge whenever you need it or want to share it with a friend.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.