It’s hard to believe that the first day of school is right around the corner. Remember when you were young and the three months of summer seemed to last for years? Now it seems like summer flies by in the blink of an eye. However it happened, it’s now time to get organized and ready for back-to-school. Using this free printable Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering will help you march through all the organization tasks you need to get done to be prepared for the new school year. And it will only take you 10-30 minutes a day.
I’ve always been a big believer in the old adage, “A stitch in time saves nine” and that certainly applies in preparing for the school year. Investing the time now to get ready for school will save you much time and many headaches when the school year starts and every one is back to school.
Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering
Why Declutter for Back-to-School Now (Not Later)
- As busy as you are now, you’ll be even busier once school starts.
- As much as your kids don’t want to help you declutter over summer break, they won’t want to and won’t have time once school starts.
- Decluttering now will help you save money and time when you do your back-to-school shopping for clothes.
- Decluttering now will help you save money with back-to-school supplies shopping.
- Taking the time now to get organized and declutter your own items will help you stay organized once the craziness of school, sports and activities kick in.
- Decluttering and getting organized now will make the transition back to school much smoother and less stressful for your children and for you.
- Decluttering and organizing now gives you time to address any issues or deficiencies now rather than scrambling once school starts.
- Decluttering and organizing now will help you start fresh and energized for the new school year.
Download your free copy of the Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering.
You should also check the purging and decluttering tips I shared in my 10-Minute Purging Tips. Purging doesn’t have to be an all-day project. Focus on each area and use the tips I share in my 31 Days of 10-Minute Purging series to make it go quickly and efficiently.
My two page Purging Clutter Checklist will be helpful as you work through the Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering.
Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering Tips
- Set aside 10-30 minutes each day to tackle the day’s decluttering task.
- You may find it easier to group three or four day’s tasks together for one child on one day and do the same for each of your other children on sequential days.
- As you work through the clothing and school supplies decluttering tasks, write a shopping list of items that you need to look for before school starts.
- If your state has a back-to-school tax-free shopping day, check that date and make sure you work through the first couple of weeks of tasks before the date. Create your shopping list and you’ll be organized and ready to save money when you go shopping.
- Some tasks will take longer than others. You can use the extra time on the days with quicker tasks to revisit or complete the longer tasks.
- Once you complete your decluttering tasks, be sure to check these Simple Back-to-School Ideas for organizing and preparing for school.
If you commit to spending 10-30 minutes each day and use this free printable Back-to-School Calendar for Decluttering, you’ll be prepared for a successful and low-stress school year. And doesn’t that sound great?