Superhero Memory Matching Game
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
When you make learning fun, children want to learn. This superhero memory matching game is a fun learning experience for children of all ages.
This superhero matching game contains cards with:
- Superhero words such as, pow, zap, biff, etc.
- Superhero images
- Superhero motifs
- Components of superhero costumes
Matching games are great for younger children. It helps them learn to pay attention to identifying characteristics and build their memory skills.
Matching games are great for older kids and adults because it helps strengthen the memory muscle. Often you’ll be surprised at how much better young children are at remembering where the matching cards are in the game.
What is the matching game?
The matching game is also known as the memory game, the memory matching game and the matching card game.
The game consists of pairs of images, words or numbers, usually on cards. The total number of cards is usually between 20 and 72, often with 36-50 total cards being the most common.
The cards are shuffled so that the images are in a random sequence.
All the cards are placed in a grid with the images face down. The size of the grid isn’t important, but is most often constructed in the shape of a square or rectangle.
Players take turns turning over 2 cards face up in the attempt to match the images. If the two cards don’t match, they are turned face down again and the next player takes a turn. The winner is the person with the most matching pairs at the end of the game.
Superhero Memory Matching Game
How to Print the Memory Matching Game
Get your free superhero memory matching game by signing up for our weekly newsletter.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free memory matching game?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will quickly be sent an email containing the free printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I recommend printing on heavier card stock paper or laminate cards printed on computer paper. This results in game cards that will last over time through many games.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Free Printable Superhero Activities
- Superhero Scavenger Hunt – A free 4-page superhero scavenger hunt you can download and print immediately. Works for all ages and as a fun activity in many situations.
- Superhero Coloring Pages – 16 free superhero coloring pages you can download immediately. Perfect for ages 3 and up.
- Craft a Superhero Mask with Template – Two free mask templates to craft a superhero mask. An easy-to-follow tutorial uses items you may already have & includes variation ideas.
How to Play the Superhero Memory Matching Game
- There are two copies of each card set. This allows you to play a game with as many cards as you’d like. You can play with 24 cards (12 pairs) or as many as 120 cards (60 pairs). You can also choose levels of play in between. It’s your choice.
- Be sure that you print out two of each card set so that you have pairs to search for in your game cards.
- Cut the cards out.
- Shuffle the cards and then lay them out in a grid pattern.
- One player starts and turns two cards over. If the cards match, the player removes the matching cards. If the cards don’t match, the player turns them back over so the images are facing down.
- Players take turns looking for matches by turning two cards over.
- The winner is the player with the most pairs.
More Superhero Activities
My family enjoys superhero movies, stories, culture and even ComicCon. Over the years, I’ve shared many superhero and comic book related games, crafts and recipes.
- Superhero Scavenger Hunt
- Superhero Coloring Pages
- Superhero Games and Activities
- DIY Superhero Blocks
- Superhero Envelope
- Superhero Coasters
- 10 Captain America DIY Projects
- Captain America Notebook
- Easy Captain America Cupcakes
- DIY Rocket Racoon Bag
- DIY Avengers Clipboard
- Upcycled Comic Book Can
- Upcycled Comic Book Crate
Be sure to pin for later so you can always find this free superhero memory matching game.
Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.
I know so many children who love Superheros … this would be a hit for sure! Easy and simple way to engage children on an activity that doesn’t involve a screen:)