When you make learning fun, children want to learn. This superhero memory matching game is a fun learning experience for children of all ages.
This superhero matching game contains cards with:
- Superhero words such as, pow, zap, biff, etc.
- Superhero images
- Superhero motifs
- Components of superhero costumes
Matching games are great for younger children. It helps them learn to pay attention to identifying characteristics and build their memory skills.
Matching games are great for older kids and adults because it helps strengthen the memory muscle. Often you’ll be surprised at how much better young children are at remembering where the matching cards are in the game.
What is the matching game?
The matching game is also known as the memory game, the memory matching game and the matching card game.
The game consists of pairs of images, words or numbers, usually on cards. The total number of cards is usually between 20 and 72, often with 36-50 total cards being the most common.
The cards are shuffled so that the images are in a random sequence.
All the cards are placed in a grid with the images face down. The size of the grid isn’t important, but is most often constructed in the shape of a square or rectangle.
Players take turns turning over 2 cards face up in the attempt to match the images. If the two cards don’t match, they are turned face down again and the next player takes a turn. The winner is the person with the most matching pairs at the end of the game.
Superhero Memory Matching Game
How to Print the Memory Matching Game
- Get your free copy of the Superhero Memory Matching Game.
- Click on the link above for your copy.
- Right click on the document when it opens and either save it to your device or print directly from there.
- I recommend printing on heavier card stock paper or laminate cards printed on computer paper. This results in game cards that will last over time through many games.
- Print the superhero memory matching game cards as many times as you’d like for your personal use.
More Free Printable Superhero Activities
- Superhero Scavenger Hunt – A free 4-page superhero scavenger hunt you can download and print immediately. Works for all ages and as a fun activity in many situations.
- Superhero Coloring Pages – 16 free superhero coloring pages you can download immediately. Perfect for ages 3 and up.
How to Play the Superhero Memory Matching Game
- There are two copies of each card set. This allows you to play a game with as many cards as you’d like. You can play with 24 cards (12 pairs) or as many as 120 cards (60 pairs). You can also choose levels of play in between. It’s your choice.
- Be sure that you print out two of each card set so that you have pairs to search for in your game cards.
- Cut the cards out.
- Shuffle the cards and then lay them out in a grid pattern.
- One player starts and turns two cards over. If the cards match, the player removes the matching cards. If the cards don’t match, the player turns them back over so the images are facing down.
- Players take turns looking for matches by turning two cards over.
- The winner is the player with the most pairs.
More Superhero Activities
My family has enjoys superhero movies, stories, culture and even ComicCon. Over the years, I’ve shared many superhero and comic book related games, crafts and recipes.
- Superhero Scavenger Hunt
- Superhero Coloring Pages
- Superhero Games and Activities
- DIY Superhero Blocks
- Superhero Envelope
- Superhero Coasters
- 10 Captain America DIY Projects
- Captain America Notebook
- Easy Captain America Cupcakes
- DIY Rocket Racoon Bag
- DIY Avengers Clipboard
- Upcycled Comic Book Can
- Upcycled Comic Book Crate
Be sure to pin for later so you can always find this free superhero memory matching game.