Birthday Scavenger Hunt
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
A birthday scavenger hunt is a fun addition to any birthday party. It works just as well with a small family birthday gathering as it does with a large birthday party.
A birthday scavenger hunt can be fun for child’s party or for those who are a child at heart.
It can also be a great activity for children attending a grown up birthday party. It can keep them entertained and out of trouble.
How Do You Make a Birthday Scavenger Hunt?
- Find scavenger hunt game boards that work for your birthday party theme.
- A free general birthday party scavenger hunt game is below.
- You can also use this superhero scavenger hunt game.
- This neighborhood scavenger hunt can work for a birthday party, too.
- If you can’t find the exact scavenger hunt boards you want, you can make your own with these scavenger hunt templates
- Determine the scavenger hunt play area and clearly identify that area
- Determine if the game will be played by individuals or teams
- Consider pairing older players with younger players so that everyone can play together.
- Decide whether the winner will have to find all the items or the most items
- You can also play the game as bingo so that the winner is the first to find all the items in a column or row
- Decide what the winner’s prize will be
- Review the scavenger hunt game boards and determine if you need to place some of the items in the game area ahead of time
- Make sure to print extra game boards, just in case you need them
Birthday Scavenger Hunt
Items to look for in the scavenger hunt:
- Number Candle
- Ice Cream
- Party Horn
- Party Hat
- Table Cloth
- Juice Box
- Party Napkin
How to Print this Scavenger Hunt
Sign up for our free newsletter to get your copy of the free birthday scavenger hunt. After you sign up, you’ll promptly receive an email with the birthday scavenger hunt sheets pdf.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free printable birthday scavenger hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will promptly be sent an email from Organized 31 containing the printable pdf. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the pdf in the email. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
- Print immediately.
- Or save the pdf to your computer and print later at your convenience.
- Print the birthday scavenger hunt on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper. Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic scavenger hunt games.
- You may choose to laminate the completed scavenger hunt game boards once you create them. This allows you to use the same game boards over again and again.
Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.