A birthday scavenger hunt is a fun addition to any birthday party. It works just as well with a small family birthday gathering as it does with a large birthday party.
A birthday scavenger hunt can be fun for child’s party or for those who are a child at heart.
It can also be a great activity for children attending a grown up birthday party. It can keep them entertained and out of trouble.
How Do You Make a Birthday Scavenger Hunt?
- Find scavenger hunt game boards that work for your birthday party theme.
- If you can’t find the exact scavenger hunt boards you want, you can make your own with these scavenger hunt templates
- Determine the scavenger hunt play area and clearly identify that area
- Determine if the game will be played by individuals or teams
- Consider pairing older players with younger players so that everyone can play together.
- Decide whether the winner will have to find all the items or the most items
- You can also play the game as bingo so that the winner is the first to find all the items in a column or row
- Decide what the winner’s prize will be
- Review the scavenger hunt game boards and determine if you need to place some of the items in the game area ahead of time
- Make sure to print extra game boards, just in case you need them
Sign up for our newsletter and get the free 4-page Indoor Scavenger Hunt to use in conjunction with this birthday scavenger hunt.
Birthday Scavenger Hunt
Items to look for in the scavenger hunt:
- Number Candle
- Ice Cream
- Party Horn
- Party Hat
- Table Cloth
- Juice Box
- Party Napkin
How to Print this Scavenger Hunt
- Click on this link for the free birthday scavenger hunt
- Right click on the scavenger hunt template document.
- Print immediately.
- Or save the pdf to your computer and print later at your convenience.
- Print the birthday scavenger hunt on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper. Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic scavenger hunt games.
- You may choose to laminate the completed scavenger hunt game boards once you create them. This allows you to use the same game boards over again and again.
Pin for later so you can always find this birthday scavenger hunt game.