Art subscriptions boxes are perfect for children and adults of all ages. There are boxes with themes for all interests and abilities. This collection of 21 boxes has something for everyone makes wonderful gifts for all occasions.
21 boxes ages 3 and up
What is an art box?
A monthly art box is also know as an art subscription box. It a collection of carefully curated art items that is delivered monthly. With most subscription boxes, you can choose to only receive one box or receive a box each month for as long as you’d like. The contents of the box are often designed around a theme, an artist or an art medium. There are also both educational and fun art subscription boxes for children.
Top Art Subscription Boxes
- ArtSnacks – A monthly box featuring unique, premium art supplies. Each month features 4-5 full-size quality products, including limited-edition tools and exclusive supplies to use while learning new techniques. Access to an exclusive online community to support your learning and your art. 4.6 out of 5 review rating
- Art Crate – Each box contains quality art from both up-and-coming and well-known artists. Selections chosen to compliment your style and fit your home. Select from 8 options and receive one print curated art on the highest quality archival art paper. 4.8 out of 5 review rating
- Artomatic Workshops – Each month you receive an art class in a box. You receive all supplies needed for the 4-hour instructor guided online class, including a canvas, paint, paintbrushes , pallet and plastic protector. You can choose a paint and sip box that includes wine. There is also a paint with a friend option.
- ArtLove Crate – Each box contains one artist-curated item valued at up to $250. Items included can be an original painting, piece of jewelry, hand-dyed scarf or other handmade art. Additionally, 4-5 art gifts such as cards, soaps, paper dolls, journals or jewelry are included. 5 out of 5 reviews rating
- Paletteful Packs – There’s a box for all ages and abilities. Each month brings a new collection of 4 or more carefully chosen supplies, with everything you need to create your own work of art. 4.2 out of 5 reviews rating
- The Inky Box – A monthly box of hand-selected tools and supplies for lettering and calligraphy. Products include brush pens, paint pens, watercolors, lettering and calligraphy practice sheets. 4.5 out of 5 reviews rating
- Hopebroidery Box – Each month features everything needed to create a hand embroidery project, including detailed video instructions. Your specific questions can be answered by email.
- Joy Project – A monthly art box featuring a structured art project with a different design and inspirational quote each month. The box contains a full paint set, reusable paint palette, paint brushes and canvas.
- Indigo Artbox – A monthly box that features a project inspired by art history. You’ll receive 8-10 art supplies and storage case, along video instruction and video art history inspiration. Art forms include, oil, pastels, clay, painting and more. 3.5 out of 5 review rating
- Splatboxes – Each box features high-quality art supplies and lessons inspired by two of history’s top artists in a variety of art mediums. The box contains enough art supplies for two, including quality paint, brushes, pencil, aprons, and 2 easy-to-follow 10-step lessons.
- Charcoal Expressions Drawing – Each box features both printed and video instructions for all skill levels, including beginners. The box contains everything needed to make two drawings, including paper, supplies, and mattes for framing. Projects can easily be customized so each one will be unique. 5 out of 5 review rating
- Dannagirl’s Designs – Each month features a new themed junk journal project in new color palettes. Supplies can include tea-stained pages, vintage pages, ephemera, washi tape, shimmer mist, stencils, glitter, sequins, stickers, rub-on transfers, handmade embellishments and more! 5 out of 5 review rating
- Pallet Parcel – A monthly box designed to help you create your own hand painted pallet sign. Each box contains a handmade 11×11 inch wood pallet that is sanded and stained. You will receive detailed instructions, three colors of paint, and you choose from two stencils.
Best Art Boxes for Kids
- Palletful Packs – A monthly box for ages 8 and up that contains 4 or more curated art supplies, with everything you needed to create your a work of art. 4.2 out of 5 review rating
- Terra Crate – This monthly craft box is designed for tweens and teens and are gender neutral. Boxes include color instructions with step-by-step photos and information about the art form, cultural history and more and feature artisan quality tools. An ideal supplement to a home school curriculum. 4.9 out of 5 review rating
- Outside The Box Creations – A monthly art box designed for elementary-age children. Each box contains a story to stimulate creativity, instructions that are easy to follow and high-quality art supplies. The box contains supplies enough for 2 children and makes a wonderful gift or addition to your home school curriculum. 5 out of 5 review rating
- Splatboxes – Monthly boxes for tween and teens and a wonderful addition to home school curriculum. Each box features two high-quality instructions and lesson plans and art supplies enough for two. Lessons inspired by history’s top artists in a variety of art mediums. Products include quality paint, brushes, paper, pencil, aprons, and 2 easy-to-follow 10-step lessons.
- The Clay Box – Each box contains everything needed to create two clay sculptures for children ages six and older. Step-by-step instructions are included along with access to video tutorials from a professional art teacher. 5 out of 5 review rating
- Smudge Kids Co. – Monthly box featuring a bright and colorful materials that will spark creativity for children ages 4-8. Each box contains a variety of materials and they can be used in multiple different projects.
- KidArtLit – A monthly box designed for children 3-8 years old to engage children’s books with interactive themed projects. The box contains artistic picture box and open-ended projects designed to compliment the book. Supplies are enough to create each project twice. Created by mothers and education experts. 4.9 out of 5 review rating
- Artsy Kids Book Club – An educational monthly box that contains books, fun crafts and learning activities, with a new theme each month. Boxes are available for children ages 3-5 and 6-8. Contains enough projects to last for up to six days of fun. 5 out of 5 review rating
Pin now so you can always find the ideas for art subscription boxes for yourself or to give as gifts.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.