I Spy Game – St. Patrick’s Day
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
Make the holiday even more fun with this free printable I Spy Game for St. Patrick’s Day. It comes with 3 different game sheets and is perfect for kids 3 through 100.
I grew up in Hawai’i where St. Patrick’s Day wasn’t a big deal. Once I had children, I looked for simple ways to make the holiday more fun (than just not getting pinched. Who thought of that one?)
This St. Patrick’s I Spy Game is perfect as a singular or group activity.
What are the rules for I Spy?
There are several different ways to play I Spy. You can tailor the game for the age and abilities of the players.
- Traditionally, one player will look around the room and find an item. That player then says, “I spy with my little eye, something that is (the color of the item).” The other player(s) take turns guessing what the item is until they find it. Then the person who guessed the correct item goes next selecting an item for the other player(s) to guess.
- You can adapt the traditional game to practice skills that the children are learning.
- Use the first letter of the item rather than the color.
- Identify the item with a rhyming word.
- Describe the item with a location, such as high, low, left, right, close or far.
- You can also play the game with I Spy books.
- And, of course, there are I Spy printable game sheets for St. Patrick’s Day like the ones below.
I Spy Game St. Patrick’s Day
This I Spy Game for St. Patrick’s Day contains St. Patrick’s related items to find.
- 12 different leprechauns
- A horse shoe
- A green harp
- 2 different 4-leaf clovers
- An Irish flag
- 2 interlocked horse shoes
- 2 different buckets of gold
- A rainbow
- A green pipe
- An Irish ribbon
- A gold coin
- Red, green & white balloons
How to Play the St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
Print out as many game pages as you’d like for each person. It can be played by children ages 3 and older, depending on their skill.
Each sheet identifies the item to find with a blank next to it. It’s often easiest for players to place on an “X” on an item they find and then a hash line in the blank. At the end they can count up the hash marks to determine the number of each item found.
You can have players play until they find all the items on the page or you can have them find as many as they can in a set amount of time.
You can use these printable I Spy pages as a fun individual activity or as a game played against other players.
If playing it as a game, decide if the winner will receive a prize or the excitement of finding all the items first. A prize is certainly not necessary.
How to Print the I Spy Printable
- Get your free copy of the 3-page I Spy Game – St. Patrick’s Day game plus answer sheetwhen you sign up for our free newsletter. You’ll be sent an email with a zip file containing the free printable.
- The zip file will open and ask where you want to save it.
- Once you’ve saved the zip file, you can double click on the file and it will open showing two pdf.
- One has the 3 game sheets.
- The other has the answer key.
- You can choose to print all three game pages or just one at a time.
- Print as many copies as you’d like for your own personal or classroom use. Share the link to this post with friends so they can download and print their own copies.
More I Spy Games
- I Spy Printable – Dr. Seuss – Search for items based on popular Dr. Seuss games.
- I Spy Valentine’s – A fun game with Valentine’s-themed items.
- Easter I Spy Printable – A great activity for the Easter season with both religious and non-religious sheets to choose from.
More St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt – A fun activity for families and children.
- St. Patrick’s Day Bucket O’ Gold – A quick and simple DIY treat.
- Leprechaun Hat Treat Cups – An adorable craft and treat to make with or for your children.
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages – 7 free St. Patrick’s Day coloring pages with themed images for both children and adults.
Be sure to pin for later so you can find this I Spy Game for St. Patrick’s Day every March 17th.
Find all my festive St. Patrick’s Day crafts, decorations and recipes in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.