Cinnamon Donut Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
Cinnamon donut muffins are a family favorite, particularly when the weather starts getting cooler. They’re easy to make and oh, so delicious. Warning: they’re addictive!
The secret ingredient is the nutmeg, so be sure to add it to the batter. Or could it be the cinnamon sugar that makes these muffins so irresistible?
I doubt you’ll have any left over, but if you do, these cinnamon donut muffins freeze beautifully.
- 1 package boxed yellow cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 1 Tbsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box. Add nutmeg to the batter at the end.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes, until muffins are lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove cupcakes from pan and roll in sugar until completely covered.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Leftover cupcakes freeze well.
Now I’m in the mood to make another batch of these cinnamon donut muffins (and the family is clamoring for more).
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.
We have actually had these before and we loved them as much as your family does! Great breakfast or snack!
If we ever have any left over, I enjoy them as a snack, too, Cynthia.
They look fantastic Susan
I’d eat at least 4-5
I just loooooooooove everything with cinnamon 🙂
Me, too, Winnie, me, too!
Hi Susan – Do you hear that noise? It’s the sound of me finishing that entire batch. Holy wowza yumerific! Hugs, Holly
I love the Cinnamon Donut muffins also my grandchildren did to. Thanks..
I’m so glad to hear that, Betty! (and I haven’t made them for my family in a while, so guess what I’m making tomorrow? 🙂