Cinnamon donut muffins are a family favorite, particularly when the weather starts getting cooler. They’re easy to make and oh, so delicious. Warning: they’re addictive!
The secret ingredient is the nutmeg, so be sure to add it to the batter. Or could it be the cinnamon sugar that makes these muffins so irresistible?
I doubt you’ll have any left over, but if you do, these cinnamon donut muffins freeze beautifully.
- 1 package boxed yellow cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 1 Tbsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box. Add nutmeg to the batter at the end.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake approximately 12 minutes, until muffins are lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Immediately remove cupcakes from pan and roll in sugar until completely covered.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Leftover cupcakes freeze well.
Now I’m in the mood to make another batch of these cinnamon donut muffins (and the family is clamoring for more).
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.