I’ve always enjoyed making fun food treats for my family. I love seeing their faces when we try a new fun food recipe. But as much as I enjoy making impressive treats, I’m a busy, busy mom and I need them to be super easy to make. These Monster Eyeball Cookies are so easy to make because the recipe starts with a cake mix. The recipe is easy to tailor to your own preferences.
Monster Eyeball Cookies are perfect for so many occasions. Really.
- Monster party
- Cookie Monster theme
- Monsters Inc. theme
- Aliens theme
- Letter of the week treat
- C for Cookie
- M for Monster
- E for eye
- Fun food cooking with mom or grandma
- Kids’ party or get together
- Special after-school snack
Monster Eyeball Cookies
You can easily tailor these cookies by changing the color of the cookie, the color of the eyes, the number of the eyes and the shape of the cookie. You can add a mouth, nose, horns, ears or other features. The recipe is available below.
I’d never made a cake mix cookie, so I was excited to adapt this recipe for my Monster Eyeball Cookie recipe. Using a cake mix base creates a delicious and oh, so easy to make cookie. These cookies are perfect for those unexpected, last-minute cookie baking. You know when your child forgot to tell you…. or your friend asks for your help…..or your child’s teacher emails you to ask a big favor…..or since you’re a busy, busy mom, you just plain forgot. Keeping a cake mix in the pantry means you’re always ready to whip up fun cookies at the last minute and with no stress.
I’ve joined with talented bakers to showcase our fun Halloween cookies in the monthly Fill the Cookie Jar. Be sure to check out the best of the best Halloween cookie recipes.
Lemon Oreo Bars by Family Around the Table
Glazed Cider Cookies by That Recipe
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
Witches Hats by A Day In The Life on The Farm
Spooky Bites by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Cookaholic Wife
Breakfast Cookies by This and That
- Package White Cake Mix with Pudding in the Mix
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Food Coloring in Green, Purple or Blue
- 3/4 Cup Candy-Coated Chocolate Candy in Orange and Yellow
- Candy Eyes
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- With electric mixer, mix half of cake mix, butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add remainder of cake mix and mix well. Add food coloring to create desired color. Mix well. Mix in chocolate candy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and immediately add candy eyes, pressing them into the cookies. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to cool completely on wire rack.