Make your next Valentine’s Day even more fun with a Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt. The scavenger hunt has players looks for images on Valentine’s Day cards to match to their game sheet. This 3-page free printable is easy to print right now so you can start playing immediately.
If giving Valentine’s cards is not a custom in your school or community, you can purchase several boxes of a variety of card styles so that you can play this Valentine’s scavenger hunt. You can find inexpensive Valentine’s cards at dollar or discount stores. You often can even find them at thrift stores.
If receiving Valentine’s cards at school is a custom in your area, you may still want to purchase a few extra boxes of variety packs of cards to supplement your child’s Valentine’s card haul to increase the card options when they’re playing the scavenger hunt.
Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt
How to Play a Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
You can play the Valentine’s Card Scavenger Hunt with one player or many.
- Play when your child brings her Valentine’s cards home.
- Play at the store to keep your child busy while you look for Valentine’s cards for your family and friends.
- Play at a Valentine’s classroom party.
- Play at a family Valentine’s Day party.
If you choose to play a Valentine’s scavenger hunt, decide whether the winner has to find all the items on the game sheet or the most items in a set time period. You can choose which way to play depending on how much time you have to play (or fill).
Depending on how many Valentine’s cards you expect the players to have, you may want to supply some extra cards to increase the pool of available images. To share the extra cards with the players you can:
- Allow players to select a card from a pile with all the images visible.
- Have players select the top card from a pile with the images turned upside down.
- Deal the cards out to the players like in a card game.
- Hide the cards and incorporate a treasure hunt with the scavenger hunt.
Since there are three different Valentine’s scavenger hunt game cards, you can have everyone play with the same game cards and then play three rounds or you can have different game cards.
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt Cards
- To get the free Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt printable sheets simply sign up for our free weekly newsletter. You’ll get access to the scavenger hunt and also 125+ free printables and automations in the VIP Resources Library.
- You can print the scavenger hunt game cards on computer paper, if you’d like. I prefer to use card stock paper because it holds up better to the excitement of a scavenger hunt and the excitement of playing a game.
- If you’d like to be able to use the scavenger hunt game cards over and over again, you can laminate them with this affordable and easy-to-use laminator. There are many ways to use a laminator to organize your busy family life. Read how I used a laminator to make daily routine cards for my family.
- Print the Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt game sheets as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please share the link to this post with friends interested in having their own copy of the game cards.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free Valentine’s scavenger hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolved any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
More Printable Valentine’s Activities
More holiday scavenger hunt game sheets:
- Halloween Costume Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Scavenger Hunt Printable for the 4th of July
Pin so you can find this Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt next year when you’re looking for a fun Valentine’s party game.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.