A Halloween care package is one of my favorites to make. There’s just something so quirky and fun about the holiday. And it’s easy to find lots of creative items for all ages and interests to put in the care package.
I thoroughly enjoy making care packages for college students and deployed military members. I make several care packages every holiday (and occasion) I can during the year. With my second child in college now, making college care packages are a priority this year. I’m not the only one with care packages on my mind. My friend, Corinne at Wondermom Wannabe, shared her 20 favorite college care package ideas.
What to Put In a Halloween Care Package?
- Halloween-themed Candy
- Halloween Gifts
- DIY Halloween Treats
- Halloween Toys for College Students
- Home-baked Cookies
- Purchased Halloween-themed Cookies
- Halloween Blankets & Pillows
Halloween Care Package
How to make a Halloween Care Package
- I like to drop by my local post office and pick up a Priority Mail box. It makes it easy to put together the care package since it’s a flat rate box. You know exactly how much it will cost to ship and then you can fit as much as you can in the box.
- Consider your recipient’s personal preferences and interests.
- Send multiples of smaller items so that your recipient can share with roommates or friends.
- Strive for a mix of fun and practical gifts.
- Be aware of the temperatures. Don’t send chocolate or candy that can melt if the temperatures are too high.
- Consider shipping times if you’re sending home-baked treats. You’d hate for it to take several days in the mail and then arrive just to sit at the post office over the weekend. I try to ship my care packages on a Friday so that they’ll arrive fresh on Monday or Tuesday.
- Give your recipient a head’s up to watch for the Halloween care package. Some mail rooms are not prompt in notifying students or troops that a package has arrived. You don’t want your treats just sitting in the mail room turning stale.
- If you’re sending homemade baked goods, check out my tips on how to package brownies for shipping (the tips work for shipping cookies, too).
Check out my more than 25 College Care Package Ideas for every occasion throughout the year.
Pin for later Halloween Care Package inspiration.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.