Have you ever lived in or visited Hawai’i? Do you know anyone from Hawai’i? If you answered “yes,” then you know how much we love our Hawaiian Style Mac Salad. I grew up in Hawai’i and adore macaroni salad, but I’m a macaroni salad snob and am not interested in anything but Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. Nothing else measures up. Not even close. If you’re new to Hawaii’s favorite food dishes, then you have to try this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad recipe.
The food in Hawai’i is the most amazing blend of the best dishes from many different cultures that have all been adopted into the local Hawaiian cuisine. One of the staples at any family party or cookout in Hawai’i is Hawaiian Style Mac Salad. It’s one of the many things I miss about Hawai’i.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 30 oz jar of Hellman's or Duke's Mayonnaise
- 16 oz box of Elbow Macaroni
- 1 Large Carrot
- Small Yellow Onion
- 8 Eggs
- Time the eggs so that they are done about 5 -10 minutes before the macaroni.
- Boil the eggs.
- Boil the macaroni.
- Drain both. Do not rinse. Set aside.
- While eggs and macaroni are cooking grate the carrot and onion into a bowl.
- When you can handle the eggs, peel and chop them.
- Drain the macaroni and place in large bowl.
- Add the eggs to the warm macaroni in a bowl.
- Add the grated carrots and onion.
- Add the mayonnaise. Start by adding about 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise. Mix well. Add more mayonnaise until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
I wish you could reach right out and try a taste of this Hawaiian Macaroni Salad recipe. It really is head and shoulder above any other macaroni salad recipe.
Have you ever tried Hawaiian Mac Salad? It goes perfectly with any typical cookout or picnic recipes. It’s always a hit at our family barbecues. I can’t wait for you to try my Hawaiian Macaroni Salad recipe. I know you’ll be a fan, too. In fact, I’m going now to whip up a batch for our dinner.
More Barbecue Recipes:
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.