You can use these word search puzzles to supplement a lesson, encourage an interest in dinosaurs and simply as a fun engaging activity.
I’ve always found word search puzzles both fun and stimulating and also relaxing. I know that doesn’t seem to make sense, but I’m not the only one that feels that way. My son adored everything dinosaur related when he was younger, like many children do. Of course, it just made sense to create a fun dinosaur word search puzzle. If your child loves dinosaurs as much as mine, you should check out these Best Dinosaur Gifts.
What makes dinosaur word search games great?
- Engaging and fun activity
- Great for children and adults, especially senior citizens
- Easy to take with you and play in a wide variety of locations and situations
- Builds attention span and concentration
- Practice attention to detail
- A great way to build word familiarity and spelling, especially with dinosaur names and word list
- Engagement with a topic of interest – dinosaurs and dinosaur words
- Practice looking for patterns
- Develops problem solving and strategies
- Sense of accomplishment
- Practice fine motor skills in circling and lining through words
- A good way to develop visual scanning skills
- Keep your brain active and agile
Dinosaur Word Search
You can use this printable dinosaur word search for at home, in classroom or travel activities.
You’ll find the free Dinosaur Word Search farther down in the article below the double green lines.
How to use the dinosaur word search
Get your free copy of this dino word search by simply signing up for our free weekly newsletter.
Print out the word search pdf on your home computer. Be sure to print out the answer key, too. The answer key is the last page, so you can easily remove it from the worksheets.
You can use this game in conjunction with learning dinosaur vocabulary words, but it can also be enjoyed as a fun activity.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the dinosaur word search printable?
When you fill in and submit the form below, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with the free printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode, which uses less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
What are the restrictions on use of the printable?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more animal and dinosaur theme activities?
- Free Dinosaur Coloring Pages – Six free dinosaur coloring page book you can download and print right away. Plus 9 additional dinosaur activities for kids of all ages.
- Farm Animal Memory Matching Game – A free farm animal memory matching game with 36 unique card pairs of images and words that you can download immediately for learning and fun.
- Dinosaur Printable Mazes – Make problem solving fun with these 4 dinosaur printable mazes, plus the answer key.
- Dinosaur Bingo Game – Six free bingo cards from Wondermom Wannabe.
A personalized book about your child on an adventure as different dinosaurs. They get to be a pterodactyl, velociraptor, triceratops, diplodocus, and T-Rex. For Ages 2-5
Other word searches you might have missed
Free printables to keep younger children (and all ages) happy, engaged and learning.
- Summer Word Search – This free 5-page summer fun word search is a fun way to learn for kids and adults. Includes 41 summer themed words & an answer key.
- Valentine’s Word Search – Make learning fun and celebrate Valentine’s Day with this free 2-page Valentine’s word search. Print the sheets right away for February activities.
- Dr. Seuss Word Search – Celebrate Dr. Seuss and his fun rhyming stories with these 3 free Dr. Seuss word search printables. Great for early readers and learners.
Be sure to pin for later so you can find this dinosaur word search printable game so you know where to find it again in the future.
See all the printable games and kids activities available here on Organized 31 in the table below.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.