These six free dinosaur coloring pages are perfect for kids of all ages and encourage creativity and learning. These are a fun way to engage your dino lovers in an enjoyable learning activity. The pdf format means you can print them out and use them as many times as you’d like.
I always enjoyed coloring as a child. It was a relaxing and creative activity that I gravitated to daily. Even now as an adult, I thoroughly enjoy coloring and doodling.
I spent many hours coloring with my children when they were younger. It’s a fun activity to do together with kids of all ages and a great way to find the opportunity to talk with your child and spend time together.
There are many benefits to coloring for both children and adults.
What are the benefits of coloring skills development?
Most of us enjoyed coloring as a child and many of us still do as adults. There are also developmental reasons to encourage children to color.
- Coloring, drawing and writing all help build fine motor skills. Think about how a child first holds a crayon when coloring and then think about an adult artist holding a colored pencil or charcoal. Through practicing coloring and writing, children learn how to apply different amounts of pressure. The practice of coloring builds the small muscles in your hand and muscle control in the hand and arm.
- Both drawing and coloring on a blank sheet of paper and coloring in an image are beneficial.
- Freeform coloring and drawing stimulates creativity.
- A coloring book or page helps further develop fine motor control in the hand.
- The act of coloring builds hand eye coordination.
- Coloring helps children learn about color, shading and blending.
- Thinking about and completing a coloring project helps build focus and attention span. These are both increased and improved by extended use and practice. Since coloring is a fun activity, it’s a natural way to build a child’s attention span.
- Coloring encourages creativity and self-expression.
- It’s a relaxing activity that can help children process emotions and calm down with a pleasant distraction.
Dinosaur Coloring Pages
These six free printable dinosaur coloring pages consist of:
- 2 Brontosaurus or long neck dinosaur sheets
- 1 Pteranodon image
- 2 Stegosaurus coloring sheets
- 1 Dinosaur Tracks sheet
Dinosaur Coloring Pages Are Great for Many Situations
- As part of a lesson on dinosaurs and prehistoric times
- Coloring sheets are a fun way to introduce dinosaurs to little learners. And older kids will also enjoy dinosaur number coloring pages.
- You can add information about dinosaurs
- For children who are interested in dinosaurs
- For children who need encouragement to develop fine motor skills through coloring
- As printable activity for a road trip
- As an activity for older children who enjoy the Jurassic Park movie
What you need to print these coloring sheets
- Get your free copy of these free printable dinosaur coloring pages in the box below. When you sign up for our free weekly newsletter you gain access to 125+ free printables and more in the VIP Resources Library.
- Access to a printer
- You can print these free printable sheets out on your home printer
- You can also take them to an office supply store to have them printed or printed and bound
- Computer paper or slightly heavier paper that will hold up better to coloring
- Crayons, colored pencils or markers
You can print the dinosaur coloring sheets out to used individually or you can bind them together into a coloring book. Choose what works best for you.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the dinosaur coloring pages printable?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more dinosaur activity pages?
- Cute Dinosaur Coloring Book – 50 fun coloring pages for toddlers
- Dinosaur Coloring Book for Kids – Fun coloring pages for young children
- Baby Dinosaur Coloring Book – cute coloring sheets for children ages 2 – 8
- Herbivorous Dinosaur Puzzle – a 100-piece puzzle for family fun
- Prehistoric Creatures Coloring Book – 44 prehistoric beasts of the ice age to color, with interesting facts about each animal
- Dinosaur Bingo Game – a free printable game for kids from Wondermom Wannabe
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages – 2 free printable dinosaur coloring sheets, including a t-rex coloring page, from Life Is Sweeter by Design
- Dinosaur Craft with a Free Template – a fun craft tutorial for young kids from Books and Giggles with items you probably already have
- Dinosaur Word Search Printable – a fun activity for kids or adults who like a challenge and find dinosaurs fascinating
More coloring related ideas
- Colored Pencil Storage Ideas – These 25+ tips for storage will keep your space neat and tidy and also encourage creativity.
- Free Superhero Coloring Pages – 15+ free printable coloring pages, including female superheroes
- Craft Room Storage Ideas – 35+ tips and ideas for craft room storage and organization
Be sure to pin these dinosaur coloring pages so you can easily find them again and again.Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.