A birthday care package is the perfect gift for college students, military troops and even family that lives far away. These 20 ideas include both DIY care package ideas and subscription box care package ideas.
If you choose to send a subscription box as your birthday care package, you should know that you can purchase just one box, you don’t have to sign up for an on-going subscription.
You’re also able to purchase a couple of months and then stop the subscription. You can choose what creates the best birthday care package for your gift.
What to know about sending a care package
- Verify the mailing address.
- If you’re choosing to send a subscription box, does it require a signature on delivery and will that be available?
- If you are sending the care package yourself, choose a sturdy new box. You want a new box so that the box is not pest infested.
- Add tissue paper and shredded paper to make opening the birthday care package more festive.
- Make sure none of your gift items are on the prohibited items list for the post office.
- Let your recipient know to look for a gift so that they receive the box while the contents are still fresh.
- If you are sending the birthday care package to a military member stationed overseas, double check that there are no restrictions on items that can be sent to the country.
- Always add a personal note in the box. If the subscription box service doesn’t offer personalized notes, send a birthday card separately.
Birthday Care Package
Baked Goods Gift Boxes
- Glitter’d Bake Shop – A gift box that contains gourmet baked and glittered desserts & treats! Features an assortment of glittered baked goods such as: brownies, blondies, cookies, cupcake jars, bagels, mini loaves, macarons, donuts, chocolates, fudge and more! Gluten free options are available.
- Cultured Cakes Kit – Each box shares exotic ingredients and baking supplies to create a unique cultural fusion cupcake. Also included are international snacks, the cupcake recipe, baking tools, ingredients, and a booklet of cultural discovery.
- Delanas Baked Goods – The box is filled with premier themed artisan desserts. Every month features a different quirky theme with coordinating treats, such as custom brownies, cookies, cake jars, chocolates, the signature blondie-of-the-month and more.
Candy Care Package
- Candy Shop Box – A gift box with 4-6 full-size carefully selected artisanal chocolates and sweets. Treats are chosen from confectioners and chocolatiers around the world.
- Classic Candy Box – A gift box to bring back memories of your childhood with a variety of hard-to-find classic candy from the 1900’s to the 1980’s. The box is filled with 1 lb – 1.5 lb of candy (containing at least 25 pieces) of chocolates, hard candies, chewy candies and anything in between.
- The Sweets Box – A monthly box of 9 -13 full-sized candy treats. Selections include classic favorites, brand new items you’ve never seen before and even some international items.
DIY Birthday Care Package Ideas
- Cake in a Can Surprise
- DIY Gifts for Men
- Handmade Gifts for a Boyfriend
- DIY Gift Ideas
- College Care Package Ideas for all Situations
- Pink Care Package Ideas
Chocolate Gift Box
- Jackie’s Chocolate – A box that delivers a scrumptious assortment of artisan chocolates. Items include creamy truffles, chewy caramels and fluffy marshmallows covered in silky milk chocolate, decadent dark chocolate and velvety white chocolate. The box contains approximately 15 chocolates.
- Bar & Cocoa – A box featuring 4 bars of the finest chocolate bars made from craft beans.
- The Original Gourmet Chocolate Club – A gift box of innovative hand-crafted artisanal chocolates from world-class chocolatiers. The chocolates are handmade from pure, premium ingredients and crafted in small batches with dedication to innovation and artistry.
Self-Care Care Package
- TheraBox – The gift box that is mindfully curated by therapists to reduce stress and increase joy. Each contains a research inspired therapeutic activity to wire your brain for more joy and 6 to 8 self-care wellness goodies to reduce stress & enhance your life.
- Pause and Unwind – A care package delivering stress-relief items for women. Items from spas and natural healing lifestyles offer simple ways to enhance life and promote mindful, positive thinking to ease mind, body and soul.
- MindWander – This gift box is carefully curated by a Ph.D. therapist, to support mental health. Contains cognitive behavioral therapy workbooks are filled with exercises for decreasing anxiety and stress while increasing positivity. The self-care products remind you to slow down and use your skills.
Fitness Gift Box
- RunLocker – The gift box includes athletic wear, healthy snacks, recovery aids and fitness accessories. Items are selected from well-known brands and small independent companies.
- Muscle Box – This care package features different themes each month. It includes 7 or more items including gym apparel, healthy treats, fitness accessories and custom workouts designed by qualified trainers.
- Tennis Trunk – Tennis players curate this gift box. Each box contains 6-8 carefully chosen gear and equipment items, including 2 cans of tennis balls and other surprise items.
More gift box collections
- Best Subscription Boxes for Men
- Best Subscription Boxes for Older Women
- Unique Gift Boxes for Mom
- Best Candy Subscription Boxes
Be sure to pin for later when you need these birthday care package ideas.
Find all our best gift ideas for everyone on your list in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.