Handmade Gifts for a Boyfriend
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
The best handmade gifts for a boyfriend are ones that show him you know his interests. These 21 different handmade gift ideas are sure to have something that will be a big hit with your boyfriend.
Guys can be difficult to find gifts for. But with a little thought and these more than 20 ideas of gifts to make for a boyfriend, it will me much easier this year to find the right gift for him.
More gift ideas for men:
What Do Guys Like for Gifts?
- Gifts that show you pay attention to his interests and personality.
- Gifts that involve an experience, like a concert, travel or an activity.
- Gifts that are practical and can be used.
- Gifts that are fun
- Gifts that save him time and hassle.
- Gifts that bring joy and laughter.
- Gifts that are entertaining and a distraction from the hassles of life.
- Food and drink gifts are always a hit.
- Gifts that remind him of you.
- Gifts that are experiences you can do together.
When you’re thinking about what to make as a handmade gift for your boyfriend, think about his personality, what he enjoys and what he could use. Don’t get or make a gift that you like – make a gift that he will like.
Handmade Gifts for a Boyfriend
- DIY Headphone Stand by Houseful of Homemade
- DIY Beard Oil Recipe by Beauty Crafter
- Movie Tickets Gift – A fun way to jazz up the gift of movie tickets.
- DIY Grenade Soap-on-a-Rope by Beauty Crafter
- Easy Sharpie Dot Mug – Make a personalized and handmade gift that he can use every day.
- Washer Hand Stamped Keychain by Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Easy Houndstooth Crochet Pattern Scarf – A beginner level crochet project that looks smart and he can use every day.
- Gourmet Orange Chocolate Fudge by A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
- Essential Oil Soap Recipe for Men by 3 Boys and a Dog
- DIY Star Wares Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite Soap by The Gingerbread House
- DIY Beard Balm by the Rising Spoon
- Easy DIY Wall Decor by Mod Podge Rocks
- Big Bang Theory Sheldon’s Bazinga Pencil Cup – If he’s a bit of a science nerd, he’ll love this pencil cup.
- Leather DIY Cord Organizer by Sustain My Craft Habit
- DIY Rustic Woodburning Keepsake by Rhythm of Play
- Captain America Notebook – Got a superhero fan for a boyfriend? This notebook is easy to make and easy to personalize with his favorite superhero.
- DIY Computer Diskette Pencil Cup – An easy-to-make desk organizer using upcycled diskettes. It’s a fun gift for the computer nerd boyfriend.
Things to Sew for Your Boyfriend
These are all beginner sewing projects. If you can sew a straight-ish line, you can make these handmade gifts for a boyfriend. They really are easy projects.
- Easy-to-Make Flannel Blankets – Who can’t use a warm, cuddly blanket? You personalize this handmade gift for your boyfriend by the choice of fabrics.
- Superhero Coasters – These coasters are budget-friendly and easy to make.
- DIY Rice Heating Pads – Got an athletic boyfriend? He’ll appreciate these DIY heating pads after his next workout or game.
- Free Pillow Sham Pattern – Personalize this DIY gift in your choice of fabric.
- Easy T-shirt Pillow Upcycle – This is a fun and personal way to turn a favorite t-shirt, maybe from a concert or sports team, into a soft, cozy pillow.
Once you’ve created your handmade gift for your boyfriend, make it extra special with creative handmade gift wrap.
- 30+ Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Upcycled Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas – Bows, Tags and More
Be sure to pin for later when you need more inspiration for handmade gifts for a boyfriend or for any guy, like your grandpa, Best Father’s Day Gifts for Grandad.
Find all our best gift ideas for everyone on your list in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.