The best handmade gifts for a boyfriend are ones that show him you know his interests. These 21 different handmade gift ideas are sure to have something that will be a big hit with your boyfriend.
Guys can be difficult to find gifts for. But with a little thought and these more than 20 ideas of gifts to make for a boyfriend, it will me much easier this year to find the right gift for him.
More gift ideas for men:
What Do Guys Like for Gifts?
- Gifts that show you pay attention to his interests and personality.
- Gifts that involve an experience, like a concert, travel or an activity.
- Gifts that are practical and can be used.
- Gifts that are fun
- Gifts that save him time and hassle.
- Gifts that bring joy and laughter.
- Gifts that are entertaining and a distraction from the hassles of life.
- Food and drink gifts are always a hit.
- Gifts that remind him of you.
- Gifts that are experiences you can do together.
When you’re thinking about what to make as a handmade gift for your boyfriend, think about his personality, what he enjoys and what he could use. Don’t get or make a gift that you like – make a gift that he will like.
Handmade Gifts for a Boyfriend
- DIY Headphone Stand by Houseful of Homemade
- DIY Beard Oil Recipe by Beauty Crafter
- Movie Tickets Gift – A fun way to jazz up the gift of movie tickets.
- DIY Grenade Soap-on-a-Rope by Beauty Crafter
- Easy Sharpie Dot Mug – Make a personalized and handmade gift that he can use every day.
- Washer Hand Stamped Keychain by Reuse Grow Enjoy
- Easy Houndstooth Crochet Pattern Scarf – A beginner level crochet project that looks smart and he can use every day.
- Gourmet Orange Chocolate Fudge by A Hedgehog in the Kitchen
- Essential Oil Soap Recipe for Men by 3 Boys and a Dog
- DIY Star Wares Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite Soap by The Gingerbread House
- DIY Beard Balm by the Rising Spoon
- Easy DIY Wall Decor by Mod Podge Rocks
- Big Bang Theory Sheldon’s Bazinga Pencil Cup – If he’s a bit of a science nerd, he’ll love this pencil cup.
- Leather DIY Cord Organizer by Sustain My Craft Habit
- DIY Rustic Woodburning Keepsake by Rhythm of Play
- Captain America Notebook – Got a superhero fan for a boyfriend? This notebook is easy to make and easy to personalize with his favorite superhero.
- DIY Computer Diskette Pencil Cup – An easy-to-make desk organizer using upcycled diskettes. It’s a fun gift for the computer nerd boyfriend.
Things to Sew for Your Boyfriend
These are all beginner sewing projects. If you can sew a straight-ish line, you can make these handmade gifts for a boyfriend. They really are easy projects.
- Easy-to-Make Flannel Blankets – Who can’t use a warm, cuddly blanket? You personalize this handmade gift for your boyfriend by the choice of fabrics.
- Superhero Coasters – These coasters are budget-friendly and easy to make.
- DIY Rice Heating Pads – Got an athletic boyfriend? He’ll appreciate these DIY heating pads after his next workout or game.
- Free Pillow Sham Pattern – Personalize this DIY gift in your choice of fabric.
- Easy T-shirt Pillow Upcycle – This is a fun and personal way to turn a favorite t-shirt, maybe from a concert or sports team, into a soft, cozy pillow.
Once you’ve created your handmade gift for your boyfriend, make it extra special with creative handmade gift wrap.
- 30+ Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Upcycled Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas – Bows, Tags and More
Be sure to pin for later when you need more inspiration for handmade gifts for a boyfriend or for any guy.