Find the best gift ideas for friends is easy with this collection of 40+ gift ideas. Gift are included for Christmas, birthdays, Valentine’s Day and more. You’ll find simple DIY gifts to impress, subscription box gifts that are perfect as a one-time gift box or a monthly subscription and more.
Gift ideas listed below include simple handmade gifts, experiential gift ideas and subscription box ideas that can be purchased as a one-time gift box or as a recurring monthly gift box for as long as you’d like.
The gift ideas for friends are listed by:
- Thoughtful gift ideas
- Gifts for birthdays
- Gifts for Christmas
- Valentine’s Gifts
- And More Gifts for Friends Ideas
Best Gift Ideas for Friends
It’s important to know your friend, their interests and their gift personality. Some people are happy just knowing you remembered them with a gift. Other people need to see that you thought about them carefully when you chose the gift. Some people don’t want to receive items (or clutter) as a gift. Some people prefer homemade gifts.
Knowing which type of gift personality your friend has will help you select the best gift for your friend.
What are some thoughtful gifts?
- Gifts that pertain to her interests.
- Gifts that pertain to his hobbies.
- Gifts that you can do together.
- Gifts that commemorate your friendship and memories you share.
- Photo book
- Photo collage poster
- Digitize old photos, movies and tapes
- Gifts that encourage her to try something new, like learning a new language.
- Gifts that share something you’re passionate about.
- Gifts that support a cause he supports.
Treleaf™ is a woman-owned business that makes and sells unique handmade plant accessories. Each piece is designed, sustainably made and hand-finished in the USA.
Use code Organized31 for a 10% discount!
They make ideal gifts for plant fans or to give with a new plant.
You can personalize the lids and even add your own image or logo starting at $15.
Best Gift Ideas for Friend’s Birthday
- The Bestie Gift Box – A gift box curated with the self-care, well-being and pampering gifts that your best friend deserves.
- Best Fitness Subscription Boxes – A variety of 14 different fitness gift boxes for every type of interest and fitness level.
- Top Art Subscription Boxes – 21 of the top art gift boxes for a range of interests and abilities.
- Send a Plant – Who doesn’t love a beautiful plant to enjoy day after day?
- Gift of Professional Organizing – Give the gift of 2 hours of virtual (online) professional organizing with me.
- 20 Birthday Care Packages – Perfect gift ideas for anyone, but particularly friends that live far away and necessitate mailing a gift.
- Movie Tickets – take your friend to see a movie and create a memory together. Choose a movie you’ve seen together in the past and loved or a new one that you’ve both been wanting to see. Make this cute movie gift card sleeve to hold the tickets or gift card. My two favorite movie ticket options are:
Best Christmas Gift Ideas for Friends
- American Cocktail Club – Share holiday cheer with this gift box that includes instructions and supplies to mix a new drink each month or give it as a one-time gift surprise.
- Easy-to-Make Flannel Blanket – Personalize this cuddly gift in the choice of pattern and color.
- 80+ DIY Christmas Gifts – These are easy-to-make gifts that list the amount of time and cost of each project idea. There’s something for everyone on your list.
- Best Planners for Mom and Anyone – This list of my favorite planners was originally created for moms, but makes great gifts for anyone looking to be organized in the new year.
- 20 top Creative Hobby Subscription Boxes – Twenty popular gift boxes in five different hobby categories; crafting, gardening, mystery and puzzles, baking and cooking.
- Food Care Packages – There are wonderful Christmas food gift ideas listed with these care package ideas in the categories of food, candy and snacks.
Valentine’s Gift for Best Friend
- DIY Cup Sleeve – A simple DIY craft that is the perfect accompaniment to a coffee shop gift card or bag of special roast coffee.
- Send a decadent gift of fruit.
- DIY Sharpie Heart Dot Cup – You can make this charming gift in minutes and fill it with candy or homemade cookies.
- 16 of the Best Candy Subscription Boxes – There’s something for every kind of sweet tooth.
- DIY Rice Heating Pads – These cuddly heat pads are easily made from heart bandanas or fabric.
- Flowers or a plant – Who doesn’t love receiving a gift of beautiful flowers or a charming plant. Take a few minutes to look over my favorite sources for sending flowers and find what works best for your area and your budget:
Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List
I’ve created a library of gift giving ideas for every person on your list and almost every occasion. You’re certain to find something here for everyone on your gift giving list.
- Best Subscription Boxes for Men
- Food Gift Packages
- Handmade Gifts for a Boyfriend
- Perfect Gift for Everyone on Your List
- Gift Guide for the Tech Lover
- Coffee Lover’s Gift Guide
- Chocolate Lover’s Gift Guide
- Ultimate Food Gift Guide
- Luxury Foods Gift Guide
- Luxury Foods Under $50
- DIY Christmas Gifts
- Unique Gifts for Mom
- 23 Practical Housewarming Gifts
- 25 DIY Gifts for Men
Pin so you can always find this comprehensive guide of the best gift ideas for friends in the future (you know you’re going to need it again!).
Find all our best gift ideas for everyone on your list in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.